Thursday, March 15, 2012

Martha Stewart Can Beat It ~ Muffin Top Madness



With a bit of a slump for the Lys List during the winter months, I decided with the nice weather this week it's time to get back into the swing of things, and also get my ass into the kitchen.

Number 42 on my list is "Make Carrot Cake from Scratch". With all my training for my half marathon and warm weather approaching, I figured I'd make this a tad healthier, perfectly portioned (aka cupcakes)/sans cream cheese frosting (aka carrot muffins).

I bought the ingredients to bake my heart out on a gorgeous Sunday afternoon, but after a call from my best friend encouraging me to meet her and her husband for a few patio beers, my mind was no longer focused on muffin top madness, and I was now drooling over the thought of a refreshing Blue Moon.

A few days later, after a fabulous yoga class, at around 8:30 pm, I decided it was about that time, time for the Belasco Mansion kitchen to get to the know the Muffin Wo-man.

Baking is not my thing; I usually get scared of recipes with more than 5 ingredients. I get that from my mother, who also doesn't bake, although she makes some kick ass banana bread which I learned later on in life was not her own recipe, but taken from the Autumn Lane Elementary School Cookbook circa 1975.

To my surprise, the carrot cake muffins turned out fantastic. I added a combination of low fat yogurt and Greek yogurt to make the muffins moist and add protein. I even used pretty red and blue polka dot muffin pan liners.

Moral of the story, Martha Stewart ain't got sh*t on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment