Monday, August 22, 2011

I'm Outdoorsy-ish








I spent Saturday and Sunday on Cayuga Lake and was able to check a few things off of my list as completed, and then some. Kristen and I rode our bikes to Sheldrake Winery to "practice" wine tasting for when the time comes that I venture to Napa. Practice makes perfect! The view was BEAUTIFUL! We managed to keep things classy for the most part, until we took off with the tasting glasses they poured us.

Later on that day I learned how to start a fire and did it myself. I envisioned myself rubbing sticks together to create a fire, but learned that it wasn't realistic to do this. So I lit a match.

The next morning Kristen and I hopped into kayaks and took them for a spin. I plan to get one of my own. I'm in the process of brainstorming what to name my kayak. I then took the standup paddle board for a cruise. Being as smooth as I am, I managed to fall and splat down on the board, but got right back up, had a photo shoot and kept on going. I also canoed which I haven't done since my 6th grade Camp Corey field trip, drove a jet ski (normally people don't allow me to drive anything), went for a couple of long bike rides with my BFF, learned how to take the front tire off of my bike (the right way), and...

I struggled to get up on the wakeboard being pulled by the jet ski. I was pissed, like "I quit give me a beer" pissed. My arms are so sore I can't even write today, my handwriting looks like that of a 5 year old. I managed to get up with a little help from a tube, but once I did I was good to go. I conquered going in and out of the wake (both sides), but I'm not going to check that one off of my list just yet, I prefer to do that when I can get up out of the water without assistance and being pulled by a boat.

And lastly, we visited the Rongovian Embassy to the USA, fancy name for a dive bar. My victory here that wasn't on my list is I managed to do a shot of Jameson and not gag. Some call that borderline alcoholism, I call it a good time.

All in all, successful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment