Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Now you wouldn't believe me if I told you, but I could run like the wind blows. From that day on, if I was going somewhere, I was running!





I spent Thanksgiving 2011 in California visiting family. It was my first Thanksgiving with turkey in five years. Words cannot describe how much I enjoyed eating. With that said, it was time we "had a good run" and check "run on the beach" off of the Lys List.

My Aunt Jill lives a short walk from Venice Beach, so I set out for the ocean. I have no idea what level of difficulty I thought running in sand would be, but damn, it's hard. I was winded in no time; I think bystanders were considering calling 911. I ran down the beach, right next to the water. It was so refreshing.

After a good run, you must refuel. We went to Tavern on 2 in Long Beach where I had a chicken sandwich (gotta have protein) topped with brie, avocado, lettuce, tomato, and Tavern on 2 special sauce. You also must rehydrate, I opted for two pints of tasty white ale. Bonus was the chocolate dipped s'more from Rocky Mountain Chocolate that I inhaled.

The next day we had massages at the Peninsula Hotel Beverly Hills, which was perfect, because I was sore from my brief run. Best massage I've ever had, no lie.

I think I need to move to Cali, or visit more often, the West Coast needs Forresta Gump. I'd even live in the parking lot at Whole Foods (love love love that store), I'm not particular.

No comments:

Post a Comment