Thursday, December 29, 2011

Poppin Bottles, Changing Diapers: Just An Average Day in the Life of Alyss



Most people cannot comprehend the fact that I am 29 years old and have never changed a baby's diaper. Growing up, I wasn't much of a babysitter. I'd be offered the opportunity to watch some kids, and typically was not asked to be a return sitter. And I'm not the girl that sees a baby and does the goo goo ga ga noises and asks to hold them, but I'm working on that.

I am Auntie Yiss, the wine drinking, toy buying, hungover on Chicken Finger Sub Sunday, loud mouthed lady. Christmas night I decided to step that role up a notch and change Cam's diaper. It was sort of sagging and looked pretty full, but I was assured it was strictly #1. I removed the diaper, Kristen applied the "junk" ointment (sorry folks, I'm not there yet, baby steps), then I put a fresh diaper on. Cam was very cooperative, in fact, I'm pretty sure he has already requested that I change his diaper at all times when present, because frankly, I think I did a hell of a job.

Afterwards, he gave me a high five. I love that kid!

1 comment:

  1. Hi I love the relationship between mother and child during changing diaper time. Possibility is send video of you. Thanks

    ReplyDelete